Thursday, December 25, 2008

Drink Responsibly

The holiday season has begun and everyone is already in a vacation, planning for a vacation or trying to catch up with friends and family whom they have not met in ages. This part of the year is the most welcomed phase as there are parties almost everyday. It’s so much fun. Yes, it is. The festive season is shown everywhere with fine-looking décor. As we all know, parties and liquor goes hand in hand most of the time. If it does not, it can only be a kid’s birthday party.

I have a few suggestions for the party freaks. Primary objective should be is to being safe and make sure the people we hang out with are also safe. I am not a road sign board to say “Don’t drink and drive” but we need to find out alternatives to reach home safely. How many times have you got up the next morning to think how did i reach home last night? Did I drive, which route I choose, did I drop my friend Sam or how did Sam reach home. These are the FAQ’s we have the next morning. I know what questions you have for me. How do you know and have you experienced this yourself. Yes, I have experienced this a million times and so do you.

Make sure you are well hydrated even before drinking and try to hydrate yourself in-between so that your next days hangover is tolerable. If you still have a severe hangover, lime salt and sugar would be my first choice. Please don’t gulp it like how you did your previous evenings beer. There is something called SIP. Try to sip your lime juice and that could be of great help.

Don’t hesitate to waste your drink if you are unable to so that you are not wasted to the maximum. Do not mix too much new variety and remember there could be a bigger cocktail the next morning or maybe the same night. It’s always better to eat some snack along with a drink and that helps a lot.

I am sure you must be thinking why the hell is this guy telling things which I already know. “Drink responsibly” is a more practical approach towards life than trying to say “Don’t drink” or “Don’t drink and drive”. I have found these two phrases really annoying. So let’s get practical. Wish you all a safe and happy new year and a wonderful holiday season.

No comments: